|Italy Today |
|Starting dates||Every Monday|
|Duration||2 - 4 weeks|
|Group lessons||20 per week|
|Class size||max. 12 students|
|Private lessons||5 per week|
|1 lesson||45 minutes|
|Levels||intermediate - proficient|
|Book & Reading Materials||included|
|Course fees ||>view prices|
|Registration fee||70 Euro (valid 12 month)|
|Minimum age||16 years|
The course Italy Today offers students a means of augmenting their language studies with an examination of the social and political situation in their host country.
Recommended for: Anyone with an interest in Italy's fascinating modern history and the enormous changes the country has experienced since World War II. Classes are led by experienced, native-speakers who are passionate about their field and teach with patience and humor.
Students should have at least an intermediate knowledge of Italian.
The Italy Today course consists of 20 group language lessons every week for 2 weeks. Afternoons are devoted to lectures and discussions on Italy's contemporary social and political history:
Topics are flexible depending on student interest and may include:
- Italy's political parties: their history, composition and the electoral system;
- Italy's political division into regions, provinces, communes and districts;
- Italy's relationship with the European Union and the Vatican;
- Italy's economy, social classes and the distribution of labor;
- Italy's trade unions, immigration and system of health care;
- Italy's southern regions: the history, the Mafia and the roots of organized crime;
- Italy's political history as viewed through popular culture: the media, theater and film.
- Italy's laws and women's rights: the history of Italian feminism.